How To Dispute An Inaccurate Credit Report Entry With This Letter!

Are you in the process of trying to improve your credit rating? Maybe you have ordered your credit report and found one or a number of discrepencies. If you have ever wondered how to dispute an inaccurate credit report entry, then sit back, read, and off course, then use your own version of the following letter:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find enclosed a copy of my most recent credit report. I am writing to you in connection with an inaccurate entry listed on my report.

My name is Sam Renstaff. My current address is 53 Santa Barbara Drive, Chicago, Illinois, 53568. My date of birth is May 12th 1972.

The details of the inaccurate listing are as follows:-

MBNA Mastercard - 5301 2264 XXXX XXXX
Default registered - 07/08
Balance - -$5346

I would ask you to please investigate the above mentioned account. Once you have liaised with the creditor in question, you will discover that this account does not belong to me.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, as amended in October 2001, you have 30 days to investigate this matter fully and remove any inaccurate information held on my credit file.

Upon the completion of your investigation, please write to me at my registered address with the outcome. I also request that you forward my updated and corrected credit report for my records.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance in this matter.

Yours Faithfully
Sam Renstaff

You have access to a free credit report once a year from the three credit reporting agencies. Make sure you take this opportunity to check your credit report regularly for an errors or discrepancies. You now also have access to a letter on how to dispute a credit report.

No comments:

Post a Comment